Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yummy Ideas!

Hi! It's Rebecca Howard. Here's how I used some of the produce in my basket...

How I used my Broccoli:

1. Cut off the florets and put them into a microwaveable container (I use a gallon sized ziploc)
2. Put a couple pads of butter in
3. Sprinkle with salt, garlic, and other seasonings you like (I even put a little brown sugar in last time, and it was like candy for my kids!)
4. Microwave for 2-3 minutes
5. ENJOY! So yummy!

How I used my Cauliflower:

I've never liked cauliflower, but this was so delicious I was sad when it was gone. My kids gobbled it up, too. ONLY STEAM THE CAULIFLOWER FOR 8 MINUTES OR SO! I'm not sure why it says 30, but that would turn it into paste! We melted the butter with the mayo and mustard and coated the cauliflower with that, then sprinkled grated parm. cheese over the top. Also, you only have to bake it for about 15 minutes, then broil on low until the cheese is golden brown.



Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
(From allrecipes.com)
"A delicious cheesy cauliflower dish."


1 head cauliflower
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Steam whole head of cauliflower for 30 minutes. Drain and place on a pie plate.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread the mixture over cauliflower and dot with pats of butter. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is brown.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 2/8/2011





How I used my Zucchini:

I made muffins instead of bread, and they made an excellent breakfast. Instead of the oil, I made them with white bean paste, so they were pretty much fat free! I also used whole wheat flour. You can also substitute raisins or craisins for the chocolate chips. If making muffins, only bake for about 20 minutes.


Zucchini Bread
(From allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
2. Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil. Blend in the grated zucchini, and then the sour cream. Mix in the flour, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon. Stir in chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 80 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com





1 comment:

  1. Rebecca-
    What white bean paste?? I want to know this fat-free substitute for oil!!

    ReplyDelete