Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Produce 2.16.11

Produce is ordered. Strawberries, Pears, Fuji Apples, Gala Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Kiwi, Seedless Green Grapes, Lemons, Cauliflower, mini carrots, Broccoli, 5 lb. Potatoes. And maybe blueberries.

Ordering was extremely difficult. I had to wipe the sweat away. ;o)
Prices for produce has completely skyrocketed! I only ordered things that are reasonably priced. If you are tired of Broccoli and Cauliflower I am so sorry. I'm aware we have got that a lot, but when those are the only veggies that go up a couple of dollars it's what I order. I am not exaggerating when I say that most vegetables have doubled. For example Green Leaf lettuce is usually 14.50, but today it was 29.50. CRAZY!!! As I was ordering he kept apologizing for the prices. It is all due to the abnormal weather. I personally feel really bad for the farmers. They are losing a lot of money :(

Okay. About the Blueberries. They usually cost 19.50 for 12 of them. He offered to sell them to me for $10.00 because some of them are bad. Um... I'm not willing to take that risk considering last time we bought them there were complaints. At the end of ordering everything he said "Well, I'll see what I can do about just throwing in the blueberries for free for you." :) Either we get them free or they continue to rot in his storage place. We will see what happens. Please don't expect fantastic and if they are then be happy, because you got the free! ;o)

Baskets may look smaller tomorrow as there are a lot more smaller items ordered.

What is everyone going to do with their lemons? Lemon Chicken maybe???

Shantell.

1 comment: